Monday, January 2, 2012

Fresh Starts

So it's a new year. With a new year comes reflection on ones self, and goals to make improvements on life. After catching up on some of my favorite blogs I have vowed to update my blog more often. I think it's a perfect way to continue the concept of "New Year Resolutions" alive in you mind all year. As I think about blog posts and my life it can help to be a reminder of who I really am. It can help me take stock on things I need to focus on. Hopefully it can keep me away from that blasted Facebook and make me do something a little more productive :D

Just as I made a mental note in my head that this would be my new "thing" this year, wouldn't you know it, my phone crashed and I lost all the pictures I've taken all year long :(. I'm doing my best to keep a brave face about this loss, but the truth is, I'm crushed. Those pictures have been like a journal to me. They weren't only of neat things...like a certain look on Ozker's eye, a sunset sent to wish someone good night, or my giggling nephew. They were notes to myself - a recipe to try, a book I want to read, a project that one day I'll get to. Now they are all lost.

And so as a salute to my loss I am posting no pictures with this blog. I really hate a blog post with no pictures. It's quite annoying and lazy, in my opinion. And yet it seems appropriate today. It's sad and it's dull. And so.....*drum roll*.......I vow to start backing up my phone photos!!!!!! Hard lesson learned. Meh.

You know, it's just occured to me that I may eat my words only inches above this line.....for if I am truly committed to blogging more, who's to say I won't have a post or two with no pictures.......hmmm....I really should consider having no more opinions.....

This weekend I've also focused on setting up my home. I've been in my apartment (yes, mine, just mine all to myself :) ) for almost 1 1/2 months now. I still have a million boxes in my garage and Dad's shop to go through. So far I'm impressed with the amount of stuff in the garage sale pile, but there's still much to sift through. But this weekend I've really got it feeling like home :) I've got art on the walls, books on the shelves, and coats hanging on the rack :) It's very cozy. I keep candles burning, music or movies playing, birds eating out of the feeder on the deck.

I keep feeling like I'm just playing house, like I'm borrowing it or tending it for someone else, but I look around and it's all really mine :) I know it seems silly to feel so giddy about it all, but I'm 31 years old and I'm finally starting to feel like an adult. I can come and go as I please, eat what and when I want, walk around naked, sleep if I'm sleepy. I'm more broke than I've ever been in my life. That's getting a little scary, but I think I have a plan for that.....I hope :)

And so, with a clean slate on my phone disc, a clean slate in my living situation, I'm ready to start this year off with a bang :) I have a million possibilities ahead of me, many choices to dwell on and decisions to make. I think it could be a quite a productive year if I keep my act together :) So here's to new beginnings and good luck! :) Bring on 2012!

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

OMG!! I am soooo excited to discover you have been blogging again! I stopped checking in as often because you hadn't posted anything since 2010 and you didn't say anything about starting up again. Sneaky sneaky! But now you can add one more reason to keep it up.... ME! :) Your blogs will inspire me to keep up with my own too and i think we may just find it leads us to something wonderful this year! Love you bunches, my dear!