Monday, December 17, 2012

A Little Paint

I'm officially in my home :) The process and closing went quickly and efficiently. Papers were signed, key was passed over. And without much climax, that was it! I was a real adult, a home owner! Sadly Mom and Dad had met Kattie and Asher in Phoenix to spend a week with Oliver for his birthday. So I did it alone and got no pictures of that critical act. I'm not going to lie...I had my doubts...there was a part of me that secretly kept hoping it would fall through. I kept building a monster in my mind...yet whenever I came to the house to measure, to inspect repairs, to just make sure...I felt calm and sure about it.

In a whirlwind Dad, Mom, Kattie, and Asher came home and directly set in to helping me make this box mine. Putting my mark and claiming these walls. :) First things first, we shampooed carpets (not with any intention of keeping them intact upstairs, but to reuse them downstairs to add a little warmth to the apartment) We borrowed Ashley's shampooer and it worked like magic! The carpets actually turned out great. Once that was done we got to laying drop clothes and buying the colors I had chewed on for the last 7 months :) Red Delicious for the Family Room, Jungle Trail (green) for my bedroom, and Deep Storm (purple) for the sewing room.


At first look the paint almost appeared fuchsia...which was quite unnerving...but we put on a brave face and went ahead anyway.
I took the inspiration for the color from a rug Mom inherited from Great Grandma Walters

I love this green!!! It's like laying in a cool, dark forest. Everything in this room feels so good to me :) I even opted to keep the original lace currents after we got them washed.

This job seemed like it would never end! If I hadn't had my helpers I would probably be curled up rocking in a corner somewhere :)

Asher was good as gold...for awhile hehehe. I liked having him around even if it was a distraction for a bit...but when he started playing with all the exposed power sockets we decided he better head back to Nana's to stay safe :)

My dad never ceases to amaze me :) He don't need no stinking knee pads! :)

This is three coats of paint...I lived with it for a few days while we did the floors...but in the end I knew I needed to suck it up and do one last coat....so glad I did!


They were diligent and worked non-stop....even when I couldn't help because I was at work. They are so amazing :)


Not exactly the grey, stormy color I was hoping for, but it's actually quite cheerful and it'll do for now :)

And so the improvements began and the transformations have been quite changing :) Just wait til you see what we did with the floors! :)

No comments: