Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The time is right for you to make a career move. Your talents are developed well enough for you to take the next step towards your goals. Go after that promotion or start searching for a better position elsewhere or even go out on your own. You may be a little nervous about, but the planets are in your favor. Act boldly and you will get to where you want to be much quicker.

This was my horoscope today. It's cracking me up because last week I started working at Staples. It pays the bills and I'm grateful for the work, but come on...it's Staples. It's part time and I work for pennies. But I'm grateful.

Then today I hook up 2 more job interviews. The first is for Starbucks. Being a barista won't really help my situation out anymore than Staples - I'll still be part time and working for pennies, but I'll get free drinks and the atmosphere is much more appealing. People are friendly, it's like a little village and everyone knows everyone and their drink and their pets names. My kind of job.

I also got an interview to work at the zoo!!!! That's right people! The Phoenix Zoo!!!! Come on!!! So I have a very vague idea of what I'll be doing - the job position is called "Night Camp Instructor". So I'm pretty sure I'll be staying all night with people that love animals and adventure and I'll get to hold spiders and bats and things...maybe? Ok, so the spiders bit pretty much scares the crap out of me, but it's a start. Maybe I'll move up to birds of prey!!! That would make me pee my pants with excitement, not fear!!! Oh man. Anyway, so the possibilities at the zoo are huge. It looks great on a resume, it's a passion for me, I might could make a career out of something. But the zoo if friggin forever away from the house, I don't know how many hours I'll get, and I have no idea what the pay scale is like.

So here I am, after all this time - almost a whole year of being unemployed and I'm getting all these offers now. What's a girl to do????? Anyway, loved the horoscope and thought that was one for the journal.

No comments: